May 24th, 2022
What a week it has been! I have been crazy busy, trying to keep up with work and plan a couple outings with friends. Summer has announced itself with graduations and thunderstorms. Do you have travel plans for the summer or maybe plans to go to a ball game or theme park? This month we have been talking about movement and exercise. Today we continue the conversation with a list of 6 questions to ask yourself to help yourself up for success, where exercise is concerned.
- Is it safe for me to exercise? Always consult your doctor before beginning an exercise routine. They can tell you an appropriate starting point and any warning signs to look for regarding your specific health needs.
- What is my goal concerning exercise? Is it weight loss, muscle building, or increasing endurance? Maybe it is to be the healthiest version of yourself or to help you clear your mind and relieve stress.
- What exercise do I enjoy? If there is an activity or exercise that you enjoy, it will be easier to stick to your plan. Do not choose an activity that you can not physically do or one that you despise, as this will be an additional obstacle to reaching your goals.
- Is lifting weights beneficial? There are many benefits to weightlifting, including losing weight and maintaining and building muscle. I suggest meeting with a personal trainer and/or starting with bodyweight exercises.
- Do I need to create a plan? As Benjamin Franklin said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!”
- What should I track? Track activities, weight, photos, body measurements, and food. The more you can track and compare, the more you will be able to see your progress and results. Progress will inspire you to keep going when it becomes mentally challenging to continue your exercise program.
I hope these questions help you in wellness journey. Please remember health and wellness is a journey, not a destination. You will revise your plan constantly to keep moving forward. Whether this is your first time reading my blog, or you are a loyal subscriber, Thank you! I am so glad you tuned in this week! Do you have a friend or family member that could benefit from this blog? Tell them to subscribe!
Have a blessed week ~ Lacey